Tuesday, October 25, 2011

AfterEffects Motion Graphic: A Work in Progress

With the Motion Graphics assignment looming, everyone's slowly moving from the planning phase to the production and implementation phase. I guess this would also include myself, however my idea is still more of a concept and in the relatively early stages. In talking to Laurie, I've decided to go with one of my two ideas, which was for the movie "White Chicks" (a personal favourite).
http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/716f3e63
The movie's logo uses white lowercase i's overtop black lowercase i's to give the illusion of male stick figures, but that's as far as the figures are used in the film's branding and marketing. My idea is to take this branding a step further in my motion graphic. For starters, I plan on creating my own stick figures inspired by the ones found on public restroom doors -- in Illustrator, at Laurie's suggestion. The plan is to have two black stick figures move, in stop-motion, through some sort of screen and come out on the other end as white female stick figures. This summarizes the basic plot of the movie: two black men go undercover as white women. The music would go from something more urban (stereotypical, I know, but reflective of the film) to some sort track that would be more identifiably feminine. At the end, I think I'd have the name of the film in a similar, but not identical, typeface to the one shown above, though I don't want it to look like a copy. For now, I'll have to work on nailing down a solid concept, but I'm excited to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment