Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sneak Peek: Motion Graphic Assignment

Only a few more days until the motion graphic assignments are due! Unlike most people, I'm not using filmed footage; instead I decided to generate my content digitally. Using the movie "White Chicks" as my subject, I've come up with a few cool ideas (at least, I think they're cool).
For my title card, which will end the clip, I thought I'd give the logo a 3-dimensional look, so that it doesn't just look like words on a screen. I used the drop shadow, bevel and emboss, and stroke features in photoshop to do this. Also, I've used stick figures as the I's in both words, because it ties into the rest of my clip.

The movie's plot involves two black FBI agents going undercover as white women, so in asking myself, "how do I convey this extremely bold and profound concept in five seconds?", I decided stick figures would be the most unique way of doing this. Now it's just a matter of getting all my ideas into place to make a really cool trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment