Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Something very interesting I just found on tumblr...

(all images via tyleroakley.tumblr.com)

Scrolling through my tumblr dashboard this evening, I came across these images in a photo set that someone posted. Obviously I thought of my digital media class. It's really interesting to see all this data regarding the ties between colour and culture, colour and branding, colour and science. There are also a couple little facts in here too; most notably, I knew blue was a popular "favourite colour," but I had no idea it was that popular! It makes so much sense now, though, looking at how many logos are primarily blue and what that colour represents. All of this reinforces for me just how detailed advertisers get in their research. Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment